A Beautiful Thing

"Iya, sayang." You said. And a part of me shivered.

It is not that I have never heard the word, I have, but I have never heard it the way you said it. It slurs from your mouth gracefully as if it is the climax of a beautiful poetry that catches me off guard.

It does not echo, not even a space for doubt to slip through the air of your voice.

I almost forget that one simple word can resemble so many great things. When you said it, I hear an assurance that I am not alone, that I do not need to worry, that everything is going to be Okay.

But there is only one thing: please, don't say this too often. Otherwise, I'm going to lose its meaning. Say it just about enough — for you to mean it, and for me to appreciate, to cherish, to remember that I am loved.

Because it's a beautiful thing.


2 comments :

Sobi YOLO said...

Iya sayang iya sayang iya sayang *rese* *tapikangen*

Fiya Muiz said...

Ketemu November ya!