All The Way Down South

I'm in England, at last! Going to be here for the next 10 months for Foundation course, then followed by university another 3 years. Am in my third week, this week. The first week was not good. Being here, is part of my dream I shall say. And when it gets really real, it feels weird. Mostly because I have to get through the adjustment to the daily environment, and the culture!

Screw adjustment I know, but it happens!

Bournemouth is beautiful. Decent parks, awesome piers, and most of all, I fancy the beach a lot! There are two majorities of age in this town. Elder people and university students. A bit of a contrast, but fair play to them. The culture is definitely different compare to Jakarta. Shouting out loud by the streets is somehow familiar during weekends. I tell you why later, but in terms of public transport, way better than TransJakarta, I'm sorry but it's true.

I go to school with bus everyday. Which unlikely happens if I am in Jakarta. I walk around town centre on foot, obviously, where mostly everything is here. And I live 3 minutes away from the town centre. But, there is a big but, the shops closed at 6. Bummer!

Then weekends, it's all about pub and clubs (this explain the shouting issues). It doesn't have to be weekend though, there are few weekdays, pubs and clubs offering many offers, shall I say in a proper context! :) There is no mall! ..pretty much. So, the only cool place to run to during weekend, is definitely the pub with friends!

Going on to the further points. It's about the college. The college; teachers, classmates, and classes are okay! I always paying attention during the class. Only it is quite hard to push myself opening books after school! Like always anyway. Still on the way to process myself to be more self-dicipline!

The weather is like guys these days, pretty much unpredictable. Here in Bournemouth, we can have three different season in one day. Bright and sunny in the morning, cloudy by the afternoon, and freezing cold during the evening. And the next day? We will see.

Personally, I would say, the reason I enjoyed whatever it is in Bournemouth definitely because the people I am spending time with. The people I am with during every small excursion around Bournemouth. Little by little, I understand this place and starting to grow on me.

It also the reason I made through the storm as in homesick. It took me a while to get to the point where I finally having a grip to hold on.  Because I never thought what I had, was not certain. It was definitely not portable. I was relying on my surrounding a little bit too much, perhaps.


Grip, is like trust, I believe. More likely need to be earned by giving out efforts. Building the construction, finding out the right materials. It was very awful to feel alone and as a stranger in the same time. But now, I have grown genuine fond on some of the most interesting people I have ever known in my life. And they are from different part of the world! German, Japan, China, Nigeria, Ukraine, Brazil, Turkey and also last but not least, Indonesia! I am just simply glad knowing them.

I will update more with pictures of my friends and the story as well, soon!

xxxx

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments :