Sunlit Bronze

I could tell that he was afraid. I was not sure why. But I could tell he was afraid of something; as if the whole thing was a lie, as if his presence solely based on insecurities. We had our first encounter in front of the library, when he opened the door for me, that was when our eyes met for a whole long second. Followed with a brief yet genuine smile as it lighted up his face. Although it was very brief, the smile lit some colours on his pale skin against his sunlit bronze hair. But quickly, so quick I could not timed, his eyes drifted away from mine. It looked like he did not want me to see brush of his dark secret from the past that he hide beneath his full framed glasses. In a way, he seemed harmless because those soft and tiny wrinkles between his eyebrows implying his ongoing awareness upon everything. Everything but himself -- he had no single clue that he was capable to capture everybody's attention in the room without trying to. Even my best intention towards him was being misjudged into something, toxic. I could tell, his past has driven him far away from now; keeping distance with everything.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :