When Was the Last Time Someone Told You It's Okay?




When was the last time someone told you it's okay?

Let's just breathe easy and cut a slack. Let's make ourselves a cup of tea. Drink it in. Let's just sit and be quiet. Feel the warmth on both of your hands, hold it tight like it was the hand of someone you want to touch. It is your skin against a porcelain mug, watch the steam evaporates out of the liquid matter in a circle-shaped inanimate entity as if it was also breathing. Let's take ourselves away from the demons that ought to whisper day and night. All we need is ourselves. As a being. Cause we are pretty but often we cannot see. If it is not us who is going to start to think this way, why anyone else would? This world can be sweet, too. Somehow in some way. It is okay for whatever that is. If love suffocates you, if love have not find you. If tomorrow scares the shit out of you. It is okay if you are struggling. It is okay to worry. But it is not okay to let it defines you. You know, I'm scared, too. Sometimes I would lay on the floor, just because I want to be on the ground, knowing that I would not get any lower, and this is the lowest that I can get. I would hide under the blanket and close my eyes. I can feel I am in the dark and the shadow of fear and worry won't follow. But I won't hide for too long, I'll get out when I am ready because I know the world won't wait for me but when I'm ready. Sometimes, the best way is to take a moment, not to think about it and stop trying for a while. Because sometimes, the more you think, the more you can't get a hold of it. Gather yourself over a cup of tea, then try again.

But for now, let's just breathe.

Now, I'm going to tell you it's okay. It's going to be okay.

No comments :