A Beautiful Thing

"Iya, sayang." You said. And a part of me shivered.

It is not that I have never heard the word, I have, but I have never heard it the way you said it. It slurs from your mouth gracefully as if it is the climax of a beautiful poetry that catches me off guard.

It does not echo, not even a space for doubt to slip through the air of your voice.

I almost forget that one simple word can resemble so many great things. When you said it, I hear an assurance that I am not alone, that I do not need to worry, that everything is going to be Okay.

But there is only one thing: please, don't say this too often. Otherwise, I'm going to lose its meaning. Say it just about enough  for you to mean it, and for me to appreciate, to cherish, to remember that I am loved.

Because it's a beautiful thing.


2 comments :

Sobi YOLO said...

Iya sayang iya sayang iya sayang *rese* *tapikangen*

Fiya Muiz said...

Ketemu November ya!