Music Edition: Owen Hooper

This, kind of a long story. But this how it starts. A friend of mine, Arky, sent me this link of a video about Jakarta made by foreign student, whom currently joining a student exchange programme in one of state high school in Indonesia. Being far from home, that particular video had successfully made me homesick. Finished with one video, I seek for more. Turned out he has a couple videos about Jakarta. There was this one, he had himself recording his own original song called Bread as the soundtrack of the video.
Not exactly fully aware I have been repeating the video more than three times, I noticed the song was rather ear catching. Then that how it was I stranded upon this myspace of his, Owen Hooper. I just can not help but to share because this definitely worth a notice!

His songs are mostly simple soft-acoustic. Easy to listen, some of them are tend to sound a bit dark in a way yet you can still hear life within the songs. For Hands Held on Gravel Path, it sounded as if his voice is meant to sing this tune! This song is perfect for getting lost between your thoughts while wandering off by the street. Moving on, there is something about She Hits, Asleep. bound me speechless. I can hardly describe, mixture between The Black Keys with Death Cab for Cutie, maybe? To be honest, this is not the kind of song would be in my 25 most played playlist in iTunes personally, but hell, this surely climb on to the top 5. If I really have to choose my favorite among all, I have got to say, things run tight between Hands Held on Gravel Path or She Hits, Asleep.

However, in a couple songs, taking The Little One and Let There Be Love as examples, the quality of recording still quite low. The echo behind kind of intrude the overall value. I believe, if its recorded in a proper studio or such, the songs would be flawless! This boy sure know how to write and sing a song! He should sign a record label. Just saying. So, spare three minutes to check his myspace page and take a quick listen. Then I'm sure you're going to spend the rest of half an hour (or more) glued to the playlist!

Click here to prove!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :