MMXIII

This is my the third year away from home, let's just settle for the definition of home to where the loved ones are now, and this Southern part of England is still look as attractive as the first year I got here. Many things had happened in the past year, good and bad, mostly good though, but what matters is the learning process. It may take a while, longer than you thought or expected, but as long as at the end of the day you learned something, that what counts. Keep in mind, “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt




Roads: I get to travel for a bit to see more beautiful things this world has to offer: through the scenery of Istanbul which has the best of both continents Asia and Europe, in Spring days when tulips are blossom in rainbow colours and the very Island of Gods, Bali in the Summer where the sun never look more gorgeous. Though it was not the first time I went there, it never got any less interesting. There is something about Bali that always makes every visit feels different. (Remind me next year I have to travel more)

Moreover, I have been through priceless experiences that allowed me to grow as a person. I understand the concept of faith better than when I was younger, at the times where I was just accepting what had been told, not actually necessarily understanding the whole narrative. Even though, I cannot say I understand it completely, but I feel I have better grasp on it. Paulo Coelho hit the nail on the head by saying: People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves.” 





Home: I have never value home more than I do now. After one and a half year, this Summer I finally went home for a good two months. I have met faces that I miss, catching up with favorite ones over the old late night drive. The best food. Distance also taught me to appreciate everyone and everything more. Family is the heart of my life while friends are the skeletons. I also had the chance to meet my long lost childhood friend that inspire me to write more than anybody ever did in such a long time. I learned even the shittiest feeling is a gift, because once you are not able to feel, that is the worst situation when you do not have anything to fight for.





Them: Last year, I tend to keep distance with people that I met here because this town is always just a pit stop, never been a place to stay or settling more than one year. Thus, the fear of getting too attached is unbearable. But this year somehow, I found myself among great people that soon feel like the second family in this grey England. This, only to realise, the whole don't get too attached is bullshit. Jonathan Safran Foer once said, “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” And who wants to be protected from happiness? Though it is all just temporary, as most of them are savouring their next journey away from this town, I am genuinely so glad we ever cross-path in life.

Let's raise our glass both for 2013 that has been so good and many great things to come in 2014 -- on to the next exciting adventure! We all know that life will only get better.

No comments :