One Day

I like most of the books that I read. I read most of the book. It only takes a recommendation away to get me read a novel. But if I am on the situation where I have no references, the book I would take from the shelf at the book store would be something like One Day by David Nicholls. I can not deny the certain attraction between me and love stories. Any kind love stories. I would like it better if I can relate to the story. But I believe, every published author has the qualification to make the readers feel like they are involved in the story.
One Day is about friendship of a boy and a girl, Emma and Dexter, that just met on their last night in University; graduation party to be exact, then the friendship evolves in twenty years time. Simple. But the thing about book is.. the details. Just like Oprah once said, 'Love is in the details.' The thing that visual frame can not initially explain. I like the way Nicholls explain how each of the main characters speaks inside their mind. Unspoken thoughts carry through pages after pages, then the ending. The story goes better and better as it lead to the last page. Since this book written in a concept where telling what happened on the same date every year, for twenty years, so we can see the changes in their life across ages and phases.
Funny you may say, after a couple of weeks after I bought the book, turns out the movie version of this book is about to come in cinemas near you. Anne Hathaway as Emma, and that bloody hot English actor, Jim Sturgess as Dexter. Stoked to see the visualization of the book!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :