So They Say

So, last night I went to my senior prom. It was just a regular prom. Nothing less or even more. It was not the kind of prom you have seen in movies. Just a prom that happened among the real life of Indonesian culture. The authenticity was genuinely okay. Big flat okay. The food & music were just okay. For those who had their mind set to the Hollywood/Voldemort's point of view, probably they have left the ballroom within the first thirty minutes.

As for me, I stick through the whole thing. The fun, the boredom, the cheesy, and all. It was part of my hobbies to observe various kind of occasions; regardless to the minimum interest towards the event due to many causes, such as too much expectations and non sense insecurities. For most people, prom was the dear closure of high school. They willing to gave everything for the night. High expenses for clothes, jewelry and tickets without rationally noticed it was actually a lot.

In one way or another, it still made sense to me. For those who enjoy having themselves pampered, prom definitely the best event for them to dress up without looking too much. Because everyone also dress up much. Me, myself not a big fan for anything complicated. But I gamble on behalf of my rough chances calculation, through the uneasy shopping spree for the whole set of this prom wardrobe, I might get a memory of a lifetime. And I did.

If the prom was okay, the after prom did nearly most the work to get me saying, "The best prom ever!" To be honest, there was nothing special. Not a candle light dinner with roses or high-end party at the famous club. I was just hanging around with the guys. Staying inside the car on the parking lot of the most hype 24-hour mini market in town, blabbering about everything, laughing, singing silly songs off pitch (not to mention Justin Bieber or Akon or Taio Cruz's)

You know, that was the best thing about being in like/love/you name it, with your favorite ones; not restrictedly with your crush only, but with your whole best friends. Simple things could do great things. Like made your night wrapped in endless smile. There, my subjective judgement lies to the part where I believe, what makes everything ten times better is the crowd that you spend your time with. Every single person that makes you feel.. belong.

So, yes. I just had the best prom (and after prom) ever. So they say. xx

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Few pics I managed to capture during the night with my iTouch.

No comments :