We Were So Beautiful

This is how summer looks like through my bedroom. False Summer. Sun's here and there a bit, but more often grey and gloomy rainy days greets. After two long months spoiled with familiar faces and both local hospitality and non-sense values, I touched back down to Britain's soil and accent. I know many of you dying to leave home and savour the priceless journey abroad, but I must say, nothing ever beats the comfort of being at home.

All those years of your life, growing up, making memories, knowing the streets to every places in the city as if you own the place -- that is home. It is hard to avoid or ignore the best feeling of coming back to the familiarity. Because personally, I have some part of my heart on it which sometimes may not be much advantage in certain cases. I would always choose anything that familiar in my conciousness.

Don't get me wrong, Bournemouth is all lovely and decent, but I can not compare to Jakarta which has been my home town for the last eighteen years. Changing all that within, what, a year, definitely not easy. Probably before I went home, Bournemouth has already growing on me and I almost forgot half of my basic identity. I must added though, this is me, barely one day old, returning to live alone again after receiving all the joy and spoiled attention back in Jakarta.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That must be one of the reason; Jakarta seemed very nice to me because I have seen the genuine value of it right after I left for another adventures in the land with the best accent. I would not think of Jakarta the way I think of it now, if I had not leave the city. Probably the people, as well. They won't treated me like a princess if I had not left at all. I had so much fun I could not explain. Meeting new friends, catching up with the lost ones. Blimey, not to mention sleeping under the same roof, or sometimes in the same room, with my family.

Hence, this won't last long, after adjusting in one week, getting back all the routines in hand, automatically brain will function in present moment mode. Sometimes college tasks won't allow me to think about anything else which is good, I believe. School starts in a week, till then I probably will continue mumbling, whining about pretty much everything.

It almost feels like the first week all over again. The symptoms are here. I'd rather to stay at home, all day in my room only come out for bathroom and kitchen excuses. Only this time, I have Daniel and Busra to call or more like, annoyed. I feel old.

No comments :