Don't Panic, It's Just Vegetable.

There is something very popular among teenagers in Indonesia nowadays, specially in Jakarta. It is something called "galau". I have tried to search it on google translate what is galau in English, it is pretty much similar with hubbub.
Very often people would call you such if you are being quiet, staring to the empty space without seemingly thinking. Hubbub most likely caused by the rough lane of romance. Whether you are in a broken heart phase or currently in trouble relating to the fellow crush. Although, hubbub is not limited only for things that related with heart (ew) just most of the statistic based on my private observation tells almost 97,5% technically tied with love (double ew). In broad definition, it is the situation where you have something in mind and directly/indirectly you show it to the public eyes. Within my conscious, galau is something that you hardly avoid. It can happen anywhere and anytime. And this is why it can be slightly dangerous; it may affect the society a huge pain in the ass. Everyone, who technically cares about you, will ask the same old question, "Are you okay?" "What happened?" and the easiest answer would be, "No, I'm okay." "Nothing happened." while deep down on both sides, each would say "What the @#$%. You're lying" "@#$% you, Can't you see I am not @#$%ing okay?!"
Shit as it sound, I have been on both sides. In the time when I am being the suspect, I do not want to hear any of my friends advice nor cheer. I just want to be in the valley of sobs and tears, there remembering the memories I can't repeat. Then when I slightly recovered, an hour or few days later, it is time for my friend that going through the valley, I was like cheering them as if I was the best cheerleader ever but they just won't listen. It pisses me off because I do not want to see my friend all sad and broken. but again, the cycle has to continue.
So far, there is no drugstore in the entire world sold the anti-galau medicine. It is still currently, cure-less. All we can do is wait and cope and endure.

Do me a favor, when you are hubbub, please remember to get up and go to the highest peak of the mountain and touch the sky or sun if you like, soon enough. Don't stay where you are before too long. It's depressing.

Chillax, I'm going to use it on myself. I'll try. Good luck for all of those teenagers out there! May god bless you and keep you out of galauness. xx
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments :

arky said...

I personally think galau is just the new 'emo'

Fiya Muiz said...

only with more colors :p