Galaxy Defenders Stay Forever

"It was rather sad than funny how something that had been planned for so long ends within a moment."
-Tom Fletcher.

Prologue:

A bit of preface, I knew McFly from Lindsay Lohan's movie called "Just My Luck". I did not catch them at the first time I watched the movie. But some day in 2004, I watched it again for the second time. My eyes caught this guy which only had one line in the movie. He was Dougie. Dougie Poynter, bassist from McFly. I was not quite sure why, I fell hard for this guy. I started to search his music, and I fell deeper. McFly easily became my favorite band. Different with any other band that I was currently listened to, McFly's songs went to the most played song on every media player I have. As if, they were the only exception for pop band; their music was rather boyband-ish but I unconditionally love them.
Then I made myspace because they have this official website where the fans can communicate to.
Not so long after, me and my best friend, Andra, started to make this novel inspired by McFly due to the intense feeling towards the band. That was the first Indonesian novel I have ever written. Two years later, we finally finished it for around more than 200 pages.
In 2005, the second year of junior high, I made the best decision from the best random thoughts ever. I made a band with the coolest girls I would like to keep for the rest of my life. I chose as a bassist; although I have zero experience related to bass. Guess why I chose bass? Yes. Because of Doug. As simple as that.
I could not imagine how sucks my life would be if I did not jump in to the that world. World where music as the president. I won't be like who I am now, with good people surrounding me, if I did not make a band.
April 2009, twitter barely launched in the cyber space. At first, it did not appeal to me since I was not quite sure about the purpose of it. But then, I made one because all of McFly members got their own personal twitter account. It makes everything easier and more simple using twitter as the media between fans and the artists.
From that moment on, I always been related to McFly.
though I fancy other bands, McFly is the only band I memorized all the lyrics. McFly also one of the reason I developed this deep and intimate relationship with United Kingdom and everything in it.
I'd say McFly came at the right time when I entered my teenage life, the first phase to live life based on my own choices.


The moment:

The news spread around two weeks in advance without sign of official message both from the promotor and band's management. The fans were left hanging by a thread. Few days later, there was another update from twitter telling the tickets were already on sale. I bought it on the second day. The moment when I bought the pre-sale ticket, I have not completely convinced I was about to see McFly live. I promised myself to focus my arse toward the national exams. So I did. The last two days of the national exams, twitter was flooded with McFly themselves telling they were about to leave London and heading to Jakarta. There, bits by bits I was starting to believe McFly is coming to town. I was ecstatic. April 21st, at the very last day of the exams, I heard McFly just arrived. I got more ecstatic. Literally. Still adapting myself with the shock McFly was currently in town, I went clueless what to do. I remember, Friday, rumor spread they were about to make appearance in one of local TV shows. It was true. I have been waiting in front of the telly for hours since early morning, then I heard McFly was called. One by one the band members showed up. There again, I cried. I saw Dougie, the reason of everything, right there on the television show, forty five minutes away driving here, in Jakarta. I was absolutely convinced more than ever, McFly is in Indonesia. My country. Where I was born. Soon I realized I have got to do something. I won't waste the chance that lies in front of my eyes.
I thank god for having the best best friends ever, the plan would not work 100% without Ryan and Andra.
Long story short, I met them face to face, hand to hand, you name it. I talked to them. Especially, I have told Dougie, he was the reason I played Bass and guess what, he seemed flattered. I've heard his voice, talking to me.
Once I was planning to go chase them to England and Australia for six years. None of the plan works though. But then, suddenly without any expectation, God has sets this plan, I do not need to chase them overseas, they come to me. Then I have seen them live. I was drowned among the songs I have been waiting for so long to sing along with them. They gave their best performance. I was completely satisfied. The best concert I have ever been so far.
The best day in my life.

If you ever heard someone says "I can't explain it in words" I've got to tell you, it's true. None of them were lies. It was something more than words. I feel like one of the American Idol contestant, and won the first place. It was like a dream come true. Or maybe it was something more than that.






No comments :